Everyone has an Experian Credit Score. Looking after it, nurturing, growing and improving it can help you get a better rate on loans, credit card or mortgages. Some simple steps can help you improve your credit score:
- Stay within credit limits and keep balances low – The lower your overall balances (not including mortgage), the better.
- Try not to make too many applications for credit – each application is recorded on your credit report – the fewer you’ve made in the last 6 months, the better.
- Make sure all bills are paid on time – Missed or late payments can have a big impact, but paying on time can really help your score.
- Register to vote at your current address – lenders use the electoral roll to help confirm who you are and where you live.
- Review your credit report regularly – make sure it’s up to date and in good shape for when you’re ready to apply for credit.
It can also help you keep an eye on your progress while you maintain or improve your credit score before you apply.