Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Does retirement affect credit scoring?
Will being retired affect my credit rating, even if I have investments?
The credit rating any prospective lender calculates for you will largely depend on your credit history, your current level of borrowing and your income. Investments don’t really come into it. Retirement shouldn’t be an issue for you as long as you continue to receive an income, you can afford to repay whatever you are applying for and your past borrowing record shows that you’re a reliable customer. It will certainly help if you continue to maintain a few lines of credit – such as a mail order account, a credit card or a bank overdraft facility – so that you have some recent credit history available on your report whenever you do apply for new credit. The Experian Credit Score, which you can get with an Experian credit report, can help you see what shape your credit history is in at any time. While this isn’t a score that lenders see, it can be a very helpful guide.