Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Will our son’s credit record affect our credit rating?
My son has given my address for his post but has never lived at our current address. Will his credit record now affect mine and my husband’s?
It is very unlikely. Credit checks are not simply linked by address or by surname any more. These days it’s all about joint financial activity. Any financial information recorded in your son’s name at your address could only be visible to your lenders had you or your husband applied for credit jointly with your son in the past, or acted as guarantor for him. Assuming this is not the case, you have no need to worry. If you aren’t sure, I suggest you and your husband each order your credit report. You’ll find a section called ‘financial associations’ or something similar which will include details of any financial ties to other people. If your son’s name does not appear here then this is no link and your credit ratings will not be affected by his credit history.