Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Will ordering my credit report lower my score?
I’ve been told that by asking for my credit report, this will lower my credit score. Please can you tell me how many points I will lose for this - is it a standard amount for everyone? Thanks.
You’ll be pleased to hear that you can actually check your own credit report as often as you like without any impact on your credit rating whatsoever. While every check of your report creates a search footprint, only the footprints left behind by actual credit applications are seen by lenders and can be used to calculate credit scores. Footprints created by other events – such as you checking your own report, you asking for a credit or insurance quote, or having your identity checked using your report – simply don’t count! For more information on this important issue check out our fact sheet on previous searches. (February 2013)