Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Can I open a bank account while I’m still bankrupt?
I am bankrupt. Is it still possible to open a bank account for my wages?
There are some banks that will open an account for you while your bankruptcy has yet to be discharged, but not very many. Money Saving Expert maintains an up-to-date list of basic bank accounts, so check that first to help you decide where to go. One or two banks recently stopped opening new accounts for undischarged bankrupts pending a move to review current laws. As things stand, banks can sometimes be pursued by creditors for money paid out of the bankrupt customer’s account. A proposal to change this is now with Parliament so, assuming it’s implemented, far more banks are likely to offer bank accounts to bankrupts in the future.