Data Readiness for the GDPR
As a data controller, you are responsible for taking steps to ensure the personal data you hold is accurate and up to date as outlined in Article 5 of the GDPR.
In addition, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) requires demonstration that organisations have implemented measures to maintain accuracy and taken reasonable steps to erase or rectify any inaccurate personal data.
Through proper assessment, you can begin to fully understand, plan and prioritise to ensure your data is ready for GDPR. Our expert data quality consultants will work with you to assess the quality, accuracy and integrity of the data you hold. This Data Readiness Assessment will identify where your data gaps exist and what steps to take to be in line with the GDPR regulatory principles.
Step One: Assess your data
- We perform a thorough data analysis to verify the accuracy and overall integrity of your data
- For fast diagnosis, our Data Quality consultants will perform checks on a sample 20% of your data file
- Your data’s accuracy is measured against unique Experian reference sets, providing indicators of inaccuracies, gaps and duplications
- Our data integrity assessment looks at over 200 quality attributes such as uniqueness, completeness, frequency of values and formats
- All data will be processed at one of our secure data centres, providing you with a fast and detailed Data Readiness Assessment with recommended steps to rectify issues
Step Two: Improve your data
- We can implement a ‘data fix’ strategy to rectify issues in your data, correct inaccuracies identified, recommend ‘best’ data available based on our credit and reference files
- We can provide full data suppression analysis
Step Three: Control your data
- This is not just a one-off service; our capabilities can be deployed to repeat assessments on a periodic basis or built as an ongoing business process
- Make your data as valid and current as possible both demonstrating good practise to the ICO