How do I register for Gov.UK Verify?
Verifying your identity takes about 15 minutes. All you would need to do is:
1. Go to the government department website that you wish to engage with.
2. Where the GOV.UK Verify icon is displayed click on Start.
3. On the GOV.UK Verify site answer the initial questions.
4. Choose the provider you want to create your account with.
5. Create your user name, password and memorable word.
6. Complete the information and questions asked.
You will need to refer to some of your personal information including:
Once you have answered the initial questions on the GOV.UK Verify site, you will choose the provider you want to create your account with.
We will ask you for some information about yourself and use this to confirm your identity including asking questions only you know the answer to.
Then we will verify your identity to GOV.UK and you can access the government service. Your Experian Identity Account is completely free.