0845 234 0391
What is Financial Strategy Segments?
Financial Strategy Segments 2011 (FSS) is a person and household level segmentation which provides an unrivalled depth of insight into the financial behaviours of UK consumers.
Financial Strategy Segments 2011 classifies all adults in the United Kingdom into:
- 14 household level groups (A–N)
- 50 household level types
- 93 person level types
What do the person level types tell me?
Using pen profiles to bring the data to life, each of the 93 individual profiles comprehensively describe UK consumers' distinct financial lifestyle types including:
- The underlying factors which influence consumer behaviour
- Typical financial product holdings
- Behaviour and future intentions
- A summary of the key socio-economic and demographic characteristics
What data has been used?
FSS has been built using data chosen for its ability to accurately describe financial behaviour. It is characterised by its volume, quality, consistency and sustainability.
Data must meet the following criteria:
- Identify and describe consumer segments by individual or household
- Maximise discrimination
- Allow for the identification of a wide range of financial behaviours
- Be updated annually to ensure the classification maintains an accurate and consistent
- Be capable of distinguishing behaviour around a series of key dimensions including demographics, personal equity, investments, borrowings, debt, attitude, aspiration and channel choice.
Please view our Financial Strategy Segments factsheet for more information.
View the Financial Strategy Segments Online Interactive Guide to find out more about the groups and types.