At Experian we recognise that our day-to-day operations and responsibilities impact on the environment in a number of ways. It is for this reason that we aim to maintain our strong environmental practices and standards and to improve our performance in all our operations. Improving our environmental performance is a priority and is managed and communicated at Board level as one of our six identified corporate responsibilities. We aim to minimise the environmental impacts associated with our business and enable employee participation, with a particular concentration on the reduction of energy use and its effect on global warming.
We are committed to:
- Integrating ISO 14,001 standards of our environmental management into aspects of our global business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed.
- Reducing our use of natural resources while ensuring the efficient use of utilities, reusing materials rather than disposing them and promoting recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Optimising energy consumption and improving energy efficiency in our data centres and buildings in order to prevent unnecessary environmental impacts.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant applicable legislation in the countries where we operate, and with voluntary or corporate adopted policies. Where no regulations exist we shall set our own exacting standards.
- Working with our suppliers and contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment and ensuring that they comply with Experian’s standards through our contractual agreements with them.
In particular, in order to implement this policy we will:
- Establish a comprehensive set of relevant objectives and targets identified as a result of regular environmental reviews, in relation to our environmental impacts.
- Monitor progress on a regular basis to identify strengths and areas for improvement and to highlight actions required to prevent potential deficiencies.
- Openly communicate progress on environmental issues to internal and external parties, at minimum annually, via vehicles including the Experian plc website, the Annual Report and Accounts and the CR report.
- Ensure effective communication to employees to improve their awareness and understanding of the policy and their responsibilities in relation to it.
- Review this policy annually, and after any change in business activity, to ensure its continued suitability and to reflect continuous improvements made in our Environmental Management System.