As such, we decided to run two webinars dedicated to key sectors: Utilities and Financial Services.
Both online sessions explore precisely how companies may use data and cloud based SaaS decisioning technology to:
- Develop automated, efficient and flexible onboarding journeys that the end user can control
- Keep acquisition costs under control and minimise friction through the delivery of straight through processing
- Utilise new ‘Trended’ data-sets which provide a 360 degree view of the applicant to improve decision-making
- Electronically identify and verify applicants without the need for manual intervention
Webinar for Utility Providers
This 60 minutes webinar is a highly sophisticated discussion with subject matter experts, where the main concepts of automation and data are explored, and professionals from top Utility providers speak about their approach and current processes.
- Introduction and the changing face of Credit & Risk Post Covid
– Chris Sanders – Head of Accreditation – CICMQ
– Stuart Surridge – Head of Utilities Mid-Market – Experian
- Utility Market Insight
– Colette Land – Senior Consultant – Experian
- Future Proof – Collections
– Jez Graham – Head of Risk Transformation – Npower
– Sharon Noland – Head of Credit & Collections – Gazprom Energy
- The digital customer journey
– Adam Simpson – Senior Consultant – Experian
Webinar for Financial Services
This online panel gathered subject matter experts from different backgrounds, allowing a peered discussion on how Financial Services may leverage from automation and predictive data to enhance processes and decision-making – The content of this session is a deep-dive on data processes for Financial Services.
- Helene Panzarino – FinTech Relationship Professional, Author and Business Advisor
- Simon Forster – Senior Consultant from Experian
- Kevin Daly – Account Director from Experian
- The Digital Customer Journey
- Changing Face of Credit & Risk Post Covid-19
- Data-Driven Decisioning
- Future Proof & Collections
Thank you for watching and please get in touch if you have any questions.