As a CAIS member, you contribute data on all your customers’ credit accounts and account behaviour from the last six years. In return, you get access to the equivalent data from over 400 banks, lenders, insurers, and utility and telecoms companies – virtually every major lending organisation in the UK.
The benefits at a glance:
Make responsible lending decisions by reviewing applicants existing financial obligations and avoid lending to consumers and businesses that are over
Identify consumers and businesses with an adverse credit history
Make appropriate authorisation, limit management and recovery decisions
Enhance collections strategies
Receive enhanced scores and credit ratings
Refine your credit policy and undertake retrospective analysis
Tell us about you and your company’s needs:
*Denotes a required field
A member of the team will be in touch with you shortly.
With help from Experian’s tracing solutions, we were able to reduce our ‘goneaways’ back book and reunite more of our customers with funds owed to them. This solution helps us work towards our original purpose of helping people take responsibility for their future and achieve a lifetime of financial security. The communication with Experian throughout the project was fantastic and we’re pleased with the results.
Sarah Simpson, Aegon
Functionality that delivers your goals
CAIS is a membership driven data sharing network that collects and distributes credit data on both Consumer and Commercial accounts. Consumer CAIS offers over 500 million credit accounts a month making CAIS one of the largest sources of UK consumer credit commitments. Commercial CAIS is a shared database of 13.3 million commercial credit accounts credit history maintained by Experian. All major financial institutions and creditors engaged in commercial lending activities will share details of their business customers credit commitments and how they’re performing on them.
1. Agreement signed by both parties*
2. Requisite documentation is submitted to the CAIS team for appraisal. Your Account Manager will have collated all the required documentation in terms of CRAIN and whether you are an SBEE defined commercial finance provider for example.
3. The CAIS team will liaise with you to advise the specifics of the data file to be submitted on a monthly basis as per your agreement and facilitate secure data transfer for you.
4. We will test your data in readiness to onboarding and publishing your data in our products and provide feedback in an easy to understand format. Should any data quality or formatting issues arise during test, the CAIS team will provide guidance and support to alleviate this.
5. Once your data has passed the testing, your data will be promoted to the live environment. The CAIS team will agree with you a set date by which each monthly file will be delivered to us electronically.
6. You will receive feedback on your data each month detailing any areas for improvement or correction. Should you require support with this, our consultants and analysts are on hand for you.
*It is important that prior to signing your agreement you have fully understood the CAIS file specification requirements and are able to deliver your file on a monthly basis in line with the Principles of Reciprocity.