Validate and Verify an Individuals Identity
Authenticate helps you to easily identify and validate company directors, secretaries and major shareholders within BusinessIQ. Use of Authenticate also supports your efforts in complying with the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) / Fast Action Task Force (FATF) regulations and FCA requirements.
Experian’s Authenticate is an electronic verification service that is a fast, effective and simple method of authenticating an individual’s identity. This can be achieved without inconvenient delays for both you and your customer, and without the expense of verifying and storing documentation as proof of identity.
- Delivers identity verification in real-time to speed up your process
- Designed to support regulatory compliance including AML (Anti-money laundering) and KYC (Know your customer)
- Confidence indicator to create a trusted relationship with genuine customers
Why use Authenticate?
Traditionally, paper-based documents such as passports, driving licences or utility bills have been used to confirm a customer’s identity. However, this does not always mitigate the risk of identity because they could be easily forged or obtained falsely.
Authenticate, on the other hand, uses high quality and wide ranging databases, including:
- PEPs and sanctions data
- CIFAS, the UK's Fraud Prevention service
- NCOA® alert (National Change of Address)
- The non-financial elements of Experian’s Closed User Group Account Data (Credit Account Information Sharing)
- Public Information e.g. County Court Judgements and Bankruptcies
- Previous search history information
- Full Electoral Roll
- Telephone directory data
- Accommodation addresses
Find out more information about BusinessIQ
*Denotes a mandatory field
*Denotes a required field
More from BusinessIQ
If you are interested in knowing more about BusinessIQ and are an existing customer you can contact your account manager, or ring 0844 4819920 and we will give you all the information you need and a live demonstration.
If you are not an existing customer of Experian then please fill out your details in the form below and one of our credit consultants will phone you back.
"We're now able to combine our experience with insight gained from
BusinessIQ to make fast and accurate decisions."
– Jane Hext, CEO, Santia Consulting Ltd