Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
When will my default drop off my report?
Hello, I had a credit card account that went into default in 2006. I have since satisfied the account, so when will the default be removed from my credit report? Will it be six years from date of default or six years from date of being satisfied? Thank you.
The default will stay on your credit report for six years from the default date, so it should disappear sometime during 2012. While lenders tend to concentrate on your most recent credit history when assessing new credit applications, a four-year-old default might still cause you problems. As a result, if you defaulted on the agreement for a good reason – such as losing your job or a serious illness – you might benefit from explaining this on your report. Simply send us a statement of up to 200 words describing any relevant circumstances and we’ll add this to your report for you. The note (called a notice of correction) will drop off your report when the default goes.