Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Do you remove defaults even when still outstanding?
I have some card defaults registered from January 2010. Once I get to Jan 2016 will these be taken off my credit report, even though I will still be chipping away at the balances? Appreciate your advice.
We remove defaults from your report six years after the default date and this is irrespective of any outstanding balance. Once a default drops off your report the lender cannot re-register it. The six year period reflects how long credit report entries remain relevant to credit scoring, after which time we cannot justify holding the information. This previous Ask James question provides a bit more detail on this. Of course, an entry dropping off your credit report doesn’t affect your liability to repay any outstanding debt. And it could still have an impact on future credit applications as lenders often enquire on their application forms about any outstanding debt you have.