Have your customers disappeared without a trace?
Have your customers moved house without letting you know? Do they still owe you money?
Experian Autotrace Plus is a fast and cost effective debtor tracing solution, which enables you to get back in touch with your customers.
Key benefits of Autotrace Plus
• Reduce tracing costs. Autotrace Plus provides a cost effective way of finding your lost customers.
• Automatic ongoing tracing. Unsuccessful traces can be placed on Constant Review. Your request will be held on file for a period of 3 or 12 months and when new information becomes available, you will be notified.
• Quicker tracing. You can search for multiple customers at the same time in batches, leaving staff free to use valuable time to recover the debt.
• You can also check against Experian’s mortality data.
• Get paid. Locating customers, who have moved quickly, and before other creditors, increases the likelihood of you being paid first.
Experian holds the UK’s largest, most up-to-date set of consumer files, including:
• Address links - Identifies previous and forwarding addresses that are linked to the current address provided by the applicant.
• Application databases - Includes the Credit Application Previous Search (CAPS) file – the UK’s largest file of credit reference enquiries, relating to applications for credit made by individuals.
• Credit Account Information Sharing (CAIS) - A CAIS file is an industry shared file that contains information about credit accounts.
• Edited Electoral Register - Provides a list of every person resident in the UK who is registered to vote, excluding the names and addresses of those people who have ‘opted out’.
• Mortality File - Data associated with the process of probate and from undertakers.
• Postal Address File - Contains all known addresses, including postcodes, for all known properties in the UK.
• Redirect Check™ database - Data from the Royal Mail. Used for fraud prevention purposes to identify where a fraudster has set up a postal redirection away from the current supplied address.
• Telephone number database - Holds UK telephone numbers, including cable and mobile. These files are held within Experian’s database, which classifies the data by individual consumer identities, ensuring that when an enquiry is made, the most accurate data picture is returned.
The power of Autotrace lies in combining Experian’s quality data sources with its outstanding matching and monitoring techniques.
By doing so, Autotrace:
• Establishes whether there is any recent information to suggest that the person you are looking for is still living at the last known address.
• Identifies any forwarding addresses, based upon a combination of name and address and / or date of birth, if the person is not a resident at the address you have listed for them.
• Provides you with the telephone number associated with the customer’s address, enabling you to make contact with them at the earliest opportunity and giving additional confirmation of residency.
• Allows you to place the customer’s details onto the Constant Review facility if the original enquiry fails to provide a result. We will then continue to monitor the data, identifying any new information that is relevant to establishing the customer’s new address, or re-affirming that they live at their last known address.
• Notifies you when new information is available. If you are using the batch service, you will be able to re-submit the name and address and / or date of birth via your next batch submission in order to obtain the results. If you are using the online Constant Review facility, you will be able to view the results using the Case Management facility.