- FREE Experian credit report*
- FREE Experian Credit Score*
- FREE email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK call centres
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance .
How identity fraud affects you
Identity fraud is one of the fastest-growing crimes of the 21st century. Opportunist and organised criminals get hold of their victims’ personal information and then borrow money or run up debts in their names.
Use the advice here to find out who identity thieves target, what information they use, how to protect yourself — and why checking your credit report regularly is such an effective tool in fighting identity fraud that it’s recommended by the government:
Protecting your identity - 10 ways to keep your identity safe
Identity theft risks - How at risk is your identity?
Stolen identity help - What to do if your identity is stolen
Who is high risk - Are you one of the people at the highest risk of identity theft?
Social networking scams - Watch out what information you give away on social networking sites
Staying safe online - Tips on how to protect yourself from ID fraud
How identity fraud happens - 10 most wanted items on an identity fraudster's wish list
Identity protection tips - Top tips to protect yourself from identity fraud
Safe social networking - Five ways to stay safe
Identity theft research - ID fraud hot spots revealed