Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Are employment checks visible to lenders?
Are 'employment checks' visible to other lenders when listed in the previous searches section of a credit report?
The simple answer is no. With your permission, your credit report can be searched for a wide variety of purposes. These include assessing a credit application, confirming your identity, providing a credit or insurance quote and helping an employer or landlord assess a new tenancy or job application. Importantly, a lender only usually sees footprints created by other organisations when they resulted from credit applications, so other types of search footprint would not be visible. However, the lender would see all of its own search footprints. So, for example, if you applied for a job with a bank and then applied for one of its current accounts, it would see its own employment check. You can learn more about different types of footprints and how they are used in our fact sheet Your credit report and previous searches.