Mosaic UK - consumer classification based on in-depth demographic data
What is Mosaic?
Mosaic is a powerful consumer classification system from Experian. It helps you understand your customers in extraordinary depth and detail, so you can reach the right people with the right message at the right time – every time.
Mosaic enables you to:
- Understand who your customers are and how they behave
- Start relevant, personalised conversations based on a real understanding of who you’re talking to
- Use whatever channel works best, from traditional offline to digital TV and online display
The sheer quantity of personal data available today, combined with the fact that many people have very different online and offline personas, can make it hard to get a clear picture of who they are and what they want. Mosaic’s power and flexibility means it can work as a “common currency” across all your marketing to sidestep these issues.
- Look beyond channel-specific differences to get to the fundamentals of different audience groups
- A single, comprehensive profile of each group means you can easily create consistent messages
Mosaic has built a solid track record of identifying changes in the structure of UK society thanks to the depth and quality of our data. The result is a pin-sharp picture of the latest consumer and social trends.
- Mosaic draws on over 850 million input sources and 400+ variables pulled from proprietary, public and trusted third party sources (including the 2011 UK Census)
- Uses the same fully optimised Mosaic types for both individual households and postcodes
When it comes to data, what works for one business isn’t necessarily right for the next. Mosaic’s flexible technology means it adapts to suit your needs.
- Works equally well as a managed service, on-premise software, web-based API or powerful cross-channel marketing platform
- Helps you plan, execute and manage marketing across all your online and offline channels
“Experian’s team was refreshing in that they took the time to understand us and our needs before trying to sell us a solution. The speed with which they honed in on the fundamentals immediately repaid our faith in their expertise, and with Mosaic UK, we weren’t disappointed by the data resources and technologies placed at our disposal.”
“The difference between pre and post- Experian campaigns is as clear as black and white. Being able to target promotions and content at specific groups has led to increased engagement, revitalising existing customers and bringing in new clients.”
Bang & Olufsen
“Working alongside Experian has given Bang & Olufsen a real insight into who our customers are, and more importantly, where they reside and how they shop.
[...] Experian were able to provide solutions that met our needs and that added value to the end product.”
CCR Data Matters
"CCR have worked with Experian for many years using various products and service. We are constantly reviewing the market to ensure our customers can access the best available solutions. Mosaic has proven time and time again to be the most accurate and effective lifestyle classification system. Our clients are looking to gain a greater understanding of their customer/supporter base and by using Mosaic they can quickly append lifestyle and demographic information to enable more accurate targeting."
"Barton Willmore has been using the Mosaic lifestyle classification data for a number of years. Mosaic provides an excellent insight into the demographics of the local area. We have tended to use the data as part of our visioning exercises to understand who might live within large residential developments we are proposing and what their lifestyles are likely to be like. In one particular case, this lead us to a scheme which makes specific provision for working from home and for access to the countryside. Our clients have been very pleased with the overall outcome and the analysis that Mosaic provides."
Contact the team
0844 481 9911
9am - 5pm Monday - Friday