In-depth insight into regional performance and economic growth
Regional Economic Forecast and Analysis
The impact of the macro-economy on a specific region, city or local area can be influenced by a range of factors, from the demographic profile and outlook of the area to industrial composition.
Understanding how global and national trends affect a specific geography is key to understanding how a business in a particular region and city is likely to perform in the future. An insight into the differences between geographies and how regional performance is likely to change in the future is critical to assessing the relative attractiveness of a location.
What does the Regional Forecast and Analysis cover?
Our forecast data sets and analyses use a wealth of regional trends to understand the latest economic developments and forecast those up-coming for each region and the local authorities and cities within it. They cover:
- Gross Value Added (GVA), contribution to the local economy by industry sector
- Labour market
- Household income and spending
- Regional house price forecasts
- Regional economic growth
What can you use this forecast for?
Businesses and other organisations will find the forecasts useful for:
- Deciding on how attractive a location is for, for example, when planning to open a shop or a branch
- Identifying geographical areas of opportunity and risk for your business. This might involve looking at the impact of public spending cuts, or local areas where household finances are forecast to improve or deteriorate
- Understanding the impact of economic drivers on demand for real estate
- Understanding how local demand, population growth, incomes and prices will affect demand for your services
- Setting growth targets and incentives that are specifically related to the local economy
- Planning and targeting your marketing activity
- Helping local authorities and government in planning resources and services to best meet the future needs of their constituents
What would you like to do next?
If you would like to discuss an annual subscription to this forecast please contact us.