From time to time we may use the personal data that we obtain for other purposes. These include:
- To analyse, develop, and improve the use, function, and performance of our products and services. For example, we may process personal data for our own research and development purposes in support of our products and services, such as to enhance the quality of our products or for testing the quality of potential new contributors of personal data into our marketing database; to develop new features and support new functions of our services; and for internal statistical analyses of our products' and services' performance. No personal data used for these purposes will be publicly available outside of Experian and will only be retained as long as it is needed for these purposes.
- To manage the security of our sites, networks, and systems, and to operate our business. We may collect usage and systems operations data from our website(s) and/or services platform(s) in order to better manage our operations and/or to help keep our products and services secure (including your information), as well as to investigate and help prevent cyber-attacks or potential fraud, including ad fraud and to detect bots. We may also process personal data in the operation of our day-to-day and overall business, such as when we conduct audits and investigations, as well as for finance, accounting, archiving, and/or insurance purposes.
- To share with Experian group companies who manage some of the products and services we provide here in the UK. As a member of the Experian group of companies, we can benefit from the large IT infrastructure and expertise that exists within our business. This means that the personal data we obtained may be accessed by members of our group of companies for the purposes outlined on this Portal. Any personal data shared with Experian group companies in the UK and overseas is always protected, and anonymised where possible so that it cannot be used to identify you. To learn more about how we safeguard and protect your data privacy, click here.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, industry investigations, or requests in dealing with public emergencies. Like any other business, we are required to comply with many laws and regulations. We will, where necessary, use your personal data to the extent required to enable us to comply with these requirements.
- Complaint and dispute resolution. Whilst we will try to make sure that you are happy with the service we provide and do not feel the need to complain, if you do complain to us, we will use the information we have about you to help us manage your complaint.