How do I register for Gov.UK Verify?
Verifying your identity takes about 15 minutes. All you would need to do is:
- Go to the government department website that you wish to engage with.
- Where the GOV.UK Verify icon is displayed click on Start.
- On the GOV.UK Verify site answer the initial questions.
- Choose the provider you want to create your account with.
- Create your user name, password and memorable word.
- Complete the information and questions asked.
You will need to refer to some of your personal information including:
- Driving Licence
- Sort Code & Account Number
Once you have answered the initial questions on the GOV.UK Verify site, you will choose the provider you want to create your account with.
We will ask you for some information about yourself and use this to confirm your identity including asking questions only you know the answer to.
Then we will verify your identity to GOV.UK and you can access the government service. Your Experian Identity Account is completely free.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Call us on 03444 818 192 | Outside the UK +44 3444 818 192Contact us
You can contact the Experian Helpdesk on 0344 481 8192, between 8am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am and 5pm Saturdays and Sundays (excluding public holidays).